Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How it all began...





So, I'm starting a new venture: blogging!!!!!  Welcome to my first post.  
Please don't let me know if it's bad…. j/k :)  

Here is a little bit of background on how I have become the "momma" of 6 dogs….

In 2001, I was married and we had decided to get a dog.  That's the next step… after marriage and before kids, right?  So after much deliberation we decided on a dachshund.  Being young and naive, someone at school posted that they had puppies for sale.  Guess what breed?  So my husband and I went over to her house and absolutely fell in love with the runt that wouldn't leave the "backdoor breeder's" side (that is a term used for breeders who breed to sell puppies but the parents/puppies are not registered).  We ended up taking "Braut" home that day.  He was spoiled from the beginning.  Only weighing 2 lb, I never put him down.  He was the size of my palm.  He would sleep in my sweatshirt and took rides in the front pocket so I could actually get work done.  He might not have been an actual infant, but he was treated like one.  I was up every 2 hours at night to take him potty.  He had a feeding schedule: 3 times/day and we had play time any time he wanted.  Life revolved around him.  My first taste of having something other than myself to care for and I loved it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home